Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 18, 2009

General Conference talks

I have been enjoying reading the recent General Conference talks on the internet as my scripture study, reading a talk each day. It is bringing back warm feelings I felt when I was watching it live. I found myself in tears when I got to Sister Matsumori's (2nd counselor to Primary) talk. She spoke of recognizing the whisperings of the Spirit and there as I read, I was feeling the Holy Ghost bearing testimony of the truthfulness of that I have been reading. I was feeling "the sunshine" that the boy in her story described. This was so because I was providing an environment where the Spirit can be felt as she counseled.

Elder Scott (Qof12) also spoke about the Holy Ghost. I loved his grape/jalapeno analogy. He said, "The inspiring influence of the Holy Spirit can be overcome or masked by strong emotions, such as anger, hate, passion, fear, or pride. When such influences are present, it is like trying to savor the delicate flavor of a grape while eating a jalapeƱo pepper. Both flavors are present, but one completely overpowers the other. In like manner, strong emotions overcome the delicate promptings of the Holy Spirit." He also said that Heavenly Father know that we'd face challenges or decisions beyond our ability to decide correctly so the Holy Ghost is with us to help discern. In my notes, my overall take on this talk with regards to the Spirit was ... listen, listen, listen, hear, hear, hear, act, act, act!

Another talk I found wonderful was President Uchtdorf's (2nd counselor) address about the love of God. Everything he said I found so insightful. I'm having a hard time picking what to point out. In my notes, it said "all!" ... meaning too much to summarize. A meager way to sum is that Pres. Uchtdorf expressed that the love of God for us is intense and by following His commandments we show our love for Him.

Wow, each talk had so much inspiring words! It's overwhelming to condense it all, so I really recommend that you read them ... you're likely to find an answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates