Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"The Secret Life of Bees"

by Sue Monk Kidd, 2002, 302pgs, rating=3

Another book made into a movie that I did not see! Seriously, somebody has to take me out to the theatre!! Anyway, this was a fun read. Got a few chuckles and found the taking on a runaway girl story familiar but the eccentric characters and the Black Madonna tale made it entertaining. There were sad moments but was overshadowed by the love lessons that the calendar sisters would unfold.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I think I missed the bee analogy. I rushed through the bee talks and concentrated more on the story line. I can make a guess but I'd probably be wrong. That's okay because the Mother Mary allegory also was important and that I got. Well, next time I should pay better attention.
I'd like to see the movie. It might help me fill in the bee gap. Though the book was an overall good read, I can't help but think I'd really enjoy the movie version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates