Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"The Diary of Anne Frank"


Non-fiction, play, by Frances Goodrich & Albert Hackett, 1956, 174p, rating=4

This is a two act play first presented in Cort Theatre, New York, New York on October 5, 1955.  The husband-and-wife authors of this book dramatized Anne Frank's story based on the book Anne Frank:  Diary of a Young Girl

Simply a tender dramatic composition.  I was picturing myself in the audience of this play.  I kept myself alert and focused.  I wanted all my senses functioning. This book delivered.  I saw and felt much...  fear, anxiety, hope, laughter, innocence, loyalty, desires, friendship, tolerance, madness, humanity, and so forth.  A bitter sweet taste of what would be found in the book it's based on --a young girl's memoir of her days of hiding from the Nazis in World War II.  Moreover, this play was successful in bearing one of Anne's last observations in her diary:  "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.".  For the most part, Anne's smiling spirit was showcased.

Anne's story doesn't get old and continues to be heartwarming.  But don't worry, this was tenderly written so you'll only need one tissue ... maybe a Brawn kind of paper towel for some. 

One day I'll read Anne's book.  I'm just not ready right now ... no paper towels in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates