Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Goddess Girls: Aphrodite the Beauty"

by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams, YR, 2010, 156p, rating=4
read:  10/07/10

"Aphrodite, the goddess girl of love, can hardly believe she's jealous! But after giving her best friend, Athena, a makeover, she's definitely feeling a little green. It just doesn't seem fair that the god boys who usually fawn over Aphrodite, are now paying more attention to Athena, who doesn't even care. When Aphrodite finds out the nerdy Hephaestus has a crush on her, she learns that love comes in many forms." (Goodreads)

I started to read this to my daughter, but my particular 4 year old just doesn't have the attention span longer than a few minutes.  She's my kid that would rather climb, jump, and down right drive her mom crazy!!  So I finished the book myself. What a cute read. Definitely appropriate for 8-12 year olds that it is geared to.  Think of it as a pre-school to Percy Jackson (series) Greek mythology school.  An easy fun way to introduce Greek gods/goddesses with a special modern twist in conveying a lesson or two.

This is book #3 of the Goddess Girls series (there's 5 out now) and if I understand correctly there will be a total of 8 books.  Is that correct, Ms. Holub/Williams?  Anyway, judging from this book, the series would make for a lovely treat for your young girls ... say for Christmas.  Not getting paid to say this, just saying.

Thank you Carrie at In the Hammock for the win of this book and also to the authors, Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams for providing me a signed copy and darling swags.  I enjoyed reading this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the book, Jinky! Thanks for sending me the link to your review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates