Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

by J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter Book #3, YR, 1999, 435p, rating=5

"During the third year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter must confront the devious and dangerous wizard responsible for his parents' deaths." (book's summary)

Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!!!  Another amazing installment.  I stayed up until the wee hours of the night to finish the book because I just could not put it down!  I am so giddy with joy!!  Aahhhh!!!!

I so want to tell you my specific favorite parts but they're spoilers!  I don't want to ruin the FUN for the two of you out there that still haven't read the book.  Seriously, this is an astonishing series ... and I'm not even half way through all the books!  ~I'm shaking with glee! :)

I will tell you some random things I noticed:
  • Harry Potter is growing up and held his own in this book.  He demonstrated initiative and integrity. 
  • The zany teachers are a hoot!
  • I would think the "scary" creatures would give young readers nightmares but they turn out more of a teaser ... and essential supporting characters.
  • The last quarter/third of the book is where things really shake up and get gripping so hold on!!
  • Amazing cast of characters and adventures.
  • Fun mystery, twists, and developments.
  • Sirius Black ... pretty sly Ms. Rowling, pretty sly.
  • Heartwarming relationships ... family and friends.
  • And the best part ... knock out-warm-fuzzy happy endings. :)
Superb imagination and storytelling Ms. Rowling.  You totally rock!!  Thank you for the spectacular read.  Looking forward to book #4.

4 comments:

  1. I remember reading this in 2002 and being really worried about poor little Scabbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm envious of the fact that you still have books 4, 5, 6, and 7 of Harry Potter goodness to look forward to. I'm glad you loved this third installment. It's one of my favorites as well. I agree with the "zany teachers"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved reading this! It was much better than I remembered it being on my initial read. It's very richly plotted. Enjoy Goblet of Fire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates