Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 Wrap Up

Tidbits about my 2011 blogging experience:

(Started book blogging):  February 2010
GFC followers at start of the year:  212
GFC followers at end of the year:  1585 (took advantage of blog hops!)
Awards I received:  7 Facts Award, Best Books Blog Award, Stylish Blogger Award, and The Versatile Blogger (once this year and 2 or 3 times last year)
Memes I participated in:  Must Read Mondays, Know Me Better, Limelight Reviews, and Pondering the Scriptures Sunday (created by me)
Books I won:  26 books, 2 e-books, 1 gift card, 1 missed (was on hiatus)
Book I gave away in this blog: 13
Gift cards I gave away:  $120 total
Books I read: 132, not counting picture books
Some favorite books read this year: A Monster Calls, After the Last PR, Anna and the French Kiss, Anne of Green Gables, Blood Red Road, Clarity, Dash & Lily's Books of Dares, Divergent, Dreams of Joy, Ender's Game, Gift of the Magi, Harry Potter 1-4, Holy Bible, I Am David, If I Stay 1-2, Lost December, Michael Vey, Number the Stars, Tall Story, The Night Circus, The Princess of Las Pulgas, The Taming of the Shrew, Thr3e
Misc.:  It's been a roller coaster book blogging year.  I had several episodes of losing my reading mojo and by year end, just about complete burn out.  I enjoyed reading but I worried a lot about putting out reviews and I'm not quick with words so it takes me up to 3hrs for a review so that takes up a lot of my "real life" time (not to mention the many hours reading and commenting on blogs I follow), hence guilt and frustration about prioritizing my life came to play.  Overall, I've learned quite a lot about blogging this year through blogger tips you post.  I gave my blog a facelift that finally stuck!  I'm networking more and making more friends.  This is still a wonderful hobby and I appreciate this community.  I love you all! 

Here's a picture collage of books I reviewed in November and December 2011


Minimal in this batch because these were my off months ..many episodes of being in a reading slump so I officially just went on hiatus in December. 

Several feel good books in this batch.  One that stands out though would be Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.  It was awesome!  Oh, the Holy Bible, King James Version, was another 5 stars ..more so for spiritual purposes. :)

By the way, I actually read Haunted Castle on Hallow's Eve and All That Remains in October but didn't include them on that batch of picture collage since I had not reviewed them.  I still haven't reviewed these books but gave them 3 and 2 stars respectively.

4 comments:

  1. Jinky, congrats on a great blogging year, I can really understand the slump, but for me I keep reading but have difficulty finding time to write reviews. I also noticed that you chose Thre3 as one of your favorites this year, I totally agree! Way to go on reading the Bible this year, that's a goal I set for myself for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about all that took place in your blogging year and enjoyed your Holy Scriptures day along with the reviews.

    Thanks for the post and hope there are good things to come for you in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brenda! I would not have ever picked up Thr3e if you hadn't given it to me ..cover is too scary! --Much success to you on the Bible challenge! You can do it!!:)

    Thanks Sophia. Glad someone reads my PTSS posts. --Thanks for the best wishes in 2012 as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great year of reading, Jinky! It seems that the need to change things up with book blogging never ends. That must be the fun of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates