Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pondering the Scriptures Sunday


This will not be a scripture study entry today but because this is a forum for spiritual matters and I'm having spiritual concerns, then I'll share it here.

Simply put I'm physically sluggish, my mind's in disarray, and I'm in a spiritual lull.  In other words, my body, mind, and spirit are out of whack!  When one component is off-kilter the rest goes that way as well.  I have to get myself out of this mess!  So I'm going to brainstorm a list of things to do that will help me to do that ...like the saying goes, a goal not written is just a wish.  This is a wish (get myself out of this mess) that I want to come true and I need to do my part to make it happen.

Here's the list in no particular order:

  • Study the scriptures daily for at least 15min.
  • Brisk walk for 30 min. a day
  • Eat less portions each meal
  • Designate a day to clean a certain room/section of the house
  • Kneel to pray as often as possible
  • Pray in sincere supplication
  • Find a book that teaches how to improve memory
  • Read a book to my children each night
  • Smile and laugh more
  • Take time for glamour grooming ..mani/pedicure, fancy hairdo, make-up, perfume, etc
  • Give up sodas
  • Do service ...random acts of kindness, church duties, community cause, etc.
  • Don't get overwhelmed, clean a box/small section of a clutter each day then walk away
  • Plan family meals in advance
  • Take my blood pressure medicine daily
  • Take my blood pressure daily
  • Have regular Family Home Evenings
  • Designate time or how much time to spend on the computer each day
  • Tackle stressful thinking by doing something else relaxing
  • Write in my journal regularly
  • Take a class for learning and fun ...like: photography, computer, dance, etc.
  • Go to the temple regularly
  • In essence cut down or eliminate, if possible, any stress!
There's probably more but this is a great start.  Plus, it's late and I'm tired and sleepy.  ~Goodnight!

P.S.  I will leave with you a random scripture verse afterall:

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a bucket list, which we need to write, then do, because such simple things bring joy to us and to our loved ones. I share some of your items in the list, such as "smile and laugh more", "do service", and "take a class for learning and fun". As for a book that teaches how to improve memory, I couldn't think of one... well, except one---
    Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything. I haven't read it yet but I wanted to.

    Thank you for sharing your list.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great list. Hope you can keep with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nancy--thanks for the book recommendation--yeay, my library has it, I'll be checking it out! --This is more of a daily to-do check list than a bucket list ..that reminds me, I should make one of those. ;)

    @Sophia--thanks. I did awful yesterday, but today's another day and just try it again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates