Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 13, 2012

"The Gift"

by Richard Paul Evans, AF, 2007, 332p, rating=4
source:  own

Nathan Hurst hated Christmas. For the rest of the world it was a day of joy and celebration; for Nathan it was simply a reminder of the event that destroyed his childhood until a snowstorm, a cancelled flight, and an unexpected meeting with a young mother and her very special son would show him that Christmas is indeed the season of miracles.
From the beloved author of the international bestseller The Christmas Box comes another timeless story of faith, hope, and healing.  (book cover)

Chances are that if I'm reading a Richard Paul Evans book, I'm trying to get out of a reading slump. His books are my comfort reads. This applies in this case. I had not picked up a book in a week!  Unfortunately when I finished this one, I was back on the slump again !  Oh well.

This book did not disappoint.  The characters were vivid.  I distinctly knew who I like and did not.  The storyline was tender.  Another classic Evans tale with purpose and message.  You'll need a box of Kleenex for this one.  Why?  Because Collin, a 9yo boy with leukemia, has a gift of healing by touch but each healing causes him to get sicker.  Collin also has the gift of characterizing people's aura.  Collin is quick to heal those that are good.  Collin then gets very very sick.  In the process, those around him learn about the strength of love and moving on amidst the sorrows and disappointments. 

Simply a feel good book.  


Rating: comments

3 comments:

  1. Always love a good RPE book. Sounds like you need to read another one! :) I hope your slump ends soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey :) Got your comment on my blog... Savor the Moment is scheduled to go up Valentine's Day. depending on when you're reading this, it could be up right now :) hope you enjoy my review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, I think I just might do that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates