Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 3, 2012

TGIF: Book Appeal


Who's ready for the weekend?! I know I am! I'm introducing a new(ish) feature for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to propose a question for my followers. Feel free to get involved by linking up at the bottom. If not, I'd love to read your responses in the comments. Thanks! (Ginger @GRreads)

This Friday's question:
Book Appeal: When you're browsing goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

My answer:
I'm usually in stores/library with a book(s) already in mind but if I decide to browse, the thickness and book cover initially catches my eye.  Then I check to see if I recognize the author and from there read the blurb and see if it jumps at me then. 

When reading blogger's reviews, what usually grabs me is the enthusiasm in the writing of the reviewer.  A reference of personal connection is a big plus as well.  Also, I've come to connect with some bloggers that seem to align with my likes and others I've come to trust their thoughts.

Generally in the book blogosphere browsing ..if I see a good fair amount of high ratings on certain books then I go check it out for myself. 

My Week's recap (1/27-2/2):
  • TGIF:  Buy or Borrow?
  • Must Read Monday: Tall Story by Candy Gourlay
  • Book Review:  Heartless by Diana Palmer
  • Book Review:  Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  • YA Giveaway Hop winner announced
  • 2 Year Blogiversary thoughts

2 comments:

  1. What grabs my attention? Cover, genre, storyline, reviewers reaction- all the above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that an enthusiastic review can make a difference --- I might pick up a book based on a review that I totally would have passed on otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates