Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Filipino Friday: Celebrating the Best

(Go HERE for details but go to homepage to link)

This week's question:
Celebrating the Best. In honor of the first Filipino Readers’ Choice Awards, let’s talk about our favorites for this year. What are your favorite books in 2012 so far? Have you read any awesome Filipino books in the year? If yes, make sure to include them in your list!

My answer:
I tried something new this spring and started to accept books for review from authors/publishers.  I got fortunate and found some treasures that I highly recommend ... Hope's Journey by Stephanie C. Worlton, Taste by Kate Evangelista, Daughters for a Time by Jennifer Handford, and The Secret Life of Copernicus H. Stringfellow by Lorin Barber.  Taste is written by a Filipino. 

My main source for books is my local library so Filipino books aren't readily available.  However, I received a Kindle this spring so now I can avail myself to ebooks.  Thus far I've read a couple Filipino books,  Love Your Frenemies by Mina V. Esguerra and Philippine Folklore Stories by John Maurice Miller.  Both nostalgic and sweet reads for me.

Other books that I've read this year that I really liked were:  The Lost Saints of Tennessee by Amy Franklin-Willis, Christmas Jars Reunion by Jason F. Wright, Sherlock Holmes Investigates by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson, and of course a couple recent inspirational reads ..Forget Me Not and Your Happily Ever After by Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

Hopefully by the end of the year I can add some classics to the list.  I'm just quite beyond in getting to that genre.  I get distracted so easily and this summer has been a very sluggish reading season. 

That's it for now.  --Wow, tomorrow's the big day already!  Ya'll have a great time.  I'll be thinking of you.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Oooh.. I want to read Love Your Frenemies too!

    Glad you finally have access to Filipino books. One of the perks of having ereaders and ebooks... :D

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am now intrigued by Taste. Is it paranormal YA?

    I hope you'll get to try some Pinoy graphic novels like Elmer by Gerry Alanguilan (which to answer your question, is somewhat along the lines of George Orwell's Animal Farm, I think. I haven't read the latter but I have an idea of how the story goes.) :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates