Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 29, 2012

"11th Hour"

*First, I want to send out positive thoughts and prayers for safety to those within Hurricane Sandy's way. Be prepared and stay safe!*

11th Hour by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro, AF, 2012, Playaway digital audio book, 7hrs, rating=3
Source:  library

Your best friend
Lindsay Boxer is pregnant at last! But her work doesn't slow for a second. When millionaire Chaz Smith is mercilessly gunned down, she discovers that the murder weapon is linked to the deaths of four of San Francisco's most untouchable criminals. And it was taken from her own department's evidence locker. Anyone could be the killer--even her closest friends.
Or a vicious killer?
Lindsay is called next to the most bizarre crime scene she's ever seen: two bodiless heads elaborately displayed in the garden of a world-famous actor. Another head is unearthed in the garden, and Lindsay realizes that the ground could hide hundreds of victims.
You won't know until the 11th hour
A reporter launches a series of vicious articles about the cases and Lindsay's personal life is laid bare. But this time she has no one to turn to--especially not Joe. 11TH HOUR is the most shocking, most emotional, and most thrilling Women's Murder Club novel ever. (Goodreads)

The Foursome are back and lots of drama happening but only two crime mysteries to solve.  The drama:  Lindsay is pregnant and hormonal, Yuki is sleeping with Jackson, Cindy is engaged to Rich, and Claire has her hands full trying to find out more about the skulls.  Then the crimes:  (1) Two heads appear at a renowned actor's home; and (2) A man nicknamed "Revenge" is killing drug dealers.  Sounds like ingredients for an interesting mystery read, right?  Indeed it was ..well, in my case, an interesting audio read. 

On the softer side of this novel, immediately I thought Lindsay overreacted to the alleged affair her husband was supposedly having with an old flame then I remembered that when I was pregnant with my second son I had a moment when I convinced myself that my husband was cheating on me.  Of course it was all in my head and attest to how hormones can play in a person's mind.  Granted Lindsay took it over-the-top here but I suppose her fictional pregnancy fart must have affected all logic!  Anyway, I like the continued female bonding among the foursome and overall flow their lives play along the mystery part of the book.  Thus, all together this book was a good blend of drama and thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates