Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 8, 2012

"Justice at Cardwell Ranch"

by B.J. Daniels, AF, 2012, 224p, rating=4
Source:  provided by author for review
Purchase and read excerpt HERE

Six years ago, Dana Cardwell found her mother's will in a cookbook and became sole owner of the Cardwell Ranch in Big Sky, Montana. Now happily married, Dana is surprised when her siblings, Stacy and Jordan, show up on the ranch…and trouble isn't too far behind.As danger draws closer to the ranch, deputy marshal Liza Turner quickly realizes that Jordan Cardwell isn't the man the town made him out to be. (Goodreads)

What a fun read!  Right from the prologue I was hooked and the read thereafter just flowed.  I quickly got engulfed in the storyline because there was richness in all the characters.  Not only do we see the growth and what transpired to the Cardwell siblings six years after the split but we also see the range of maturation of the side characters from high school years to twenty years later.  Add a mysterious secret that results in a death to the mix and you've got yourself a recipe for a suspenseful, back stabbing who-dun-it.  Didn't hurt too that there was romance in the air.  The kind of romance that soothes the heart instead of the loins.  But above all, I like the principles that this story shouted to me ...believe in family, have loyalty, honor your marriage, work hard, love gently, integrity matters, care for people, friends are great, and so on.  Beautiful!  Well done Ms. Daniels.  Thanks for the wonderful reading experience.

I was transported to the Cardwells' Montana and I liked it!  I'm going back again because I will read more of Ms Daniel's books.  And if the rest is like this book, then I've found myself a go to author for comfort reads.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates